Tangy cherries topped on a fluffy layer of cream cheese and whipped topping layered over a sweet graham cracker crust. And the best part? It’s a no-bake dessert. Add this to your holiday menu!
Hustle and bustle.
Santa and cookies.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays (and yes, I’m channeling N*SYNC all the way here!).
Perfect word pairs, right? I’ve got another one…
No bake and dessert.
So, here I am with Christmas two (TWO!) days, and I’ve got a recipe to share. But it’s ok. This one’s a no-bake recipe, and that means it’s a definitely do-able dessert option for your holiday menu.
I don’t think there’s an easier dessert than Cherries in the Snow. Unless you buy a pie from Village Inn. And in that case, I’d love you anyway. If you can mix, then you can make this. Pinky swear.
There’s two ways you can go with the graham cracker crust: 1) crush your own graham crackers or 2) use store-bought graham cracker crumbs. I’ve made Cherries in the Snow both ways, and both versions are delicious. But, if I had to choose, I’d choose to crush the graham crackers myself. I feel like the crust sticks together better in this version. A food processor easily does the trick, but if you don’t have one, a potato masher would work, too.
When I include a no-bake dessert on my holiday menu, it means I have more time for enjoying my family, checking out the appetizer trays, and watching A Christmas Story (oh, TBS, how I love your 24-hour marathon!). Wouldn’t you agree that sounds oh so delightful?
I wish you the very merriest Christmas! May your heart be filled with love, and may your time be filled with togetherness. Merry, merry!
- 1⅓ cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) container of whipped topping, thawed (I used Cool Whip)
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- To make the graham cracker crust, combine crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Stir until well-mixed.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch dish, using the bottom of a glass to firmly pack the mixture.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until incorporated. Using a spatula, gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Top with chilled cherry pie filling.
Recipe adapted from Rose S. in The American Legion Family Cooking with Pride cookbook.